Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Grand Teton National Park

After two busy years, I graduated on May 8 with a Master of Arts degree in History. Happy with my accomplishment, we were also saddened to leave New Mexico. Due to the struggling economy, it has been difficult trying to find a good job, although I have had some interest as of late. This has resulted in us moving to Idaho to live with my parents for a short time. The upside to this is I'm back in my beloved Gem State where the outdoor opportunities are endless (at least by the time the snow and rain stops). We recently took advantage of fee free days in the National Parks and took a trip to Grand Teton National Park last Saturday. I constantly feel that I shortchange Grand Teton because I usually only go there on the back end of a day at Yellowstone. This time I wanted to go only to GT and give it the attention it deserves. We had planned to go to Mormon Row but a very muddy road forced us to alter our plans, and we ended up just doing the normal loop road. It was rainy and snowy all day and the mountains spent most of the day obscured by clouds, but were beautiful nonetheless.


0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP